OurCalling is a discipleship ministry specifically focused on the homeless community and we operate an outreach center for the homeless near downtown Dallas. We are passionate about loving and helping the unsheltered homeless (our “Guests”) transition to better lives. We are a faith-based, discipleship ministry where every job is a ministry position. Each staff member should be able to clearly share the Gospel and communicate their own testimony. While everyone on the team wears multiple hats, our primary function is evangelism and discipleship. We want everything that we do to point to Jesus.
The Communications Manager is responsible for all messaging and communications including web, social, press relations, events, newsletters, email campaigns, and donor communications. All efforts by the Communications manager are focused towards advancing the brand in a way that supports OurCalling’s development efforts.
- Managing all donor communications including designing and deployment of donor communications pieces such as newsletters, postcards, etc.
- Oversight of communication volunteers (Film, writers, photographers, etc.)
- Social media management including creating social media strategy and ongoing execution
- Web communications and management of the web development team
- Public relations including developing and managing relationships with the media, our PR Agent, and the community at large
- Grant Process including leading grant writer strategy, submitting, and reporting efforts with a systemized approach
- Has a full understanding of our donor software
- Maintains a healthy work and delivery cadence with oversight
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in a Communications, Marketing or a related field, preferred
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in nonprofit communications, measurable messaging strategies and techniques, donor relations, development and management required.
- Ministry to, and heart for, the unsheltered homeless, preferred
Skills and Abilities:
- Strong written, verbal and communication delivery skills with the experience and ability to create communication strategies and carry out their execution to a myriad of audiences including donors, volunteers, media, and other constituents
- Experience building out “First-time guest” and “First-time Donor” funnels
- Experience building relationships on a first-name basis with media outlets
- Excellent interpersonal skills demonstrating a high degree of professionalism, confidence, poise, and tact
- Experience with donor software platforms
- Successful experience researching, writing and reporting Grants for nonprofit organizations
- Comfortable working in a busy, and at times, fluid environment and schedule
- Demonstrate maturity in decisions and judgment; comfortable consulting with leadership and peers to find the best solutions, to do “the right thing”
- Must demonstrate a “team-player” and collaborative attitude; highly motivated for our ministry work and for caring for others; show up as an “owner” of the ministry and these responsibilities, and be a “self-starter” with a spirit of excellence; a track-record and desire for professional growth; flexible and comfortable with change, and willing to help serve in various areas of the ministry as needed
- Upholding a close and growing relationship as a disciple of Jesus Christ
We request that you submit both a Cover Letter AND Resume that demonstrates your interest and qualifications for working in both a Ministry Position AND Communications role. You will not be considered without both of these.