Volunteers and Events Coordinator
Working at OurCalling: OurCalling is a Discipleship ministry and every job is
considered a ministry position. Everyone on the team wears multiple hats, loves
the individuals we serve, and makes a difference in the lives of people. Our
primary function is evangelism and discipleship and everything we do points to
that primary conversation about Jesus.
Job Summary: This role is responsible for recruiting and managing one of the most
valuable assets of our organization – our volunteers. The person filling this role
must be energetic, able to communicate well and respond to volunteers in a way
that honors the Lord, and is true to our mission and vision.
Candidate Requirements: Must be able to communicate well in public and private,
work in a busy environment, and manage volunteers with grace. This position is
required to clearly communicate the message of the Gospel to volunteers.
Administrative skills are required, using various online tools to manage and
schedule volunteers and groups. Experience in volunteer recruitment/
management, leadership, large scale event planning, and someone who truly
wants to minister to those they serve. Candidate must be detail-oriented,
flexible, able to multi-task, be a self-starter, personable, dependable and
function well on a team.
- Manage the volunteer database and assist in training staff as needed on the
database and volunteer policies and procedures.
- Recruit and onboard new volunteers with orientation, scheduling, and placement. • Host and attend recruiting events within the community to attract potential
- Works closely with the Director of Development to plan large scale events
throughout the year.
- Scheduling staff, volunteer leaders, and vendor resources as needed for program
- This person will be required to work some Saturdays and evenings, as needed to
recruit, welcome, or orient new volunteers. • Candidate must be very outgoing, pleasant, self-starter, highly motivated, reliable,
- This person will assist with some general administrative duties and will report to
the Director of Administration.