Security Guard; Level III
We request that you submit both a Cover Letter AND Resume that demonstrates your interest and qualifications for working in both a Ministry Position AND Security. You will not be considered without both of these. Please see requirements below.
OurCalling is a discipleship ministry specifically focused on the homeless community and we operate an outreach center for the homeless community near downtown Dallas. We are passionate about loving and helping the unsheltered homeless transition to better lives. We are a faith-based, discipleship ministry where every job is a ministry position. Each staff member should be able to clearly share the Gospel and communicate their own testimony. While everyone on the team wears multiple hats, our primary function is evangelism and discipleship. We want everything that we do to point to Jesus. We expect and serve 200 400 guests daily, with 80% of those being unsheltered, chronically homeless individuals. We are a “no-barrier” facility that is welcoming and compassionate to all who enter.
Reporting to the Manager of Security Services (MSS) the Security Guard (Guard) is part-time position (20 to 25-hours per week) and is responsible for maintaining an environment conducive to safety. The security team are the “first-responders” to any threat including proactively removing threats and protecting our clients from bad actors and predatory behaviors. Responsibilities also include operating or utilizing within the ministry, all security protocols, procedures, and support systems including security technologies, in a manner that is consistent with the mission of our ministry.
- Protect guests, staff, volunteers, and visitors on premises and during entry and exiting off of the property
- Patrolling and securing OurCalling premises
- Remaining vigilant of and investigating suspicious activity
- Deescalating difficult situations
- Conducting regular checks of the entire property
- Reporting maintenance issues or hazards
- Always representing the ministry as a disciple of Christ
Skills and Experience:
- Candidate must be able to meet requirements and maintain a current Security Officer License in the State of Texas
- A minimum of 3-years’ experience as a Level III or Level IV guard or similar law enforcement experience, required. Law enforcement experience is preferred
- Candidate must demonstrate maturity, humble confidence, be approachable, and be supportive of and highly motivated, by the OurCalling mission
- Sensitivity and awareness while working with homeless and vulnerable populations
- A clear track record demonstrating “personal initiative” in previous professional roles
- Strong communications skills, an effective listener
- A demonstrable record of exercising sound judgement while working in ambiguous, and fast-moving environments
- Ability to meet physical requirements of the job that entail protection of all individuals within the ministry’s boundaries
- This position may be required to work some Saturdays and evenings, to accommodate the ministry schedule
- Candidate will pass a background investigation to include criminal history, stable work history, and drug screen
- This position is classified as a shift employee requiring work during ministry hours which may include weekends or evenings
- Other Personal Characteristics: A spirit of excellence, a desire for professional growth, generosity, a self-starter who is actively pursuing people and a relationship with Jesus Christ.
You must submit resume AND cover letter explaining your interest and qualifications for this position which is also considered a ministry position to .