OurCalling is a discipleship ministry specifically focused on the homeless community and we operate an outreach center for the homeless near downtown Dallas. We are passionate about loving and helping the unsheltered homeless (our “Guests”) transition to better lives. We are a faith-based, discipleship ministry where every job is a ministry position. Each staff member should be able to clearly share the Gospel and communicate their own testimony. While everyone on the team wears multiple hats, our primary function is evangelism and discipleship. We want everything that we do to point to Jesus.
The Partner Relations Manager is responsible for partner onboarding, engagement, and mobilization, including: Church relations, corporate relations, micro events, special events, and OurCalling annual events. All efforts by the Partner Relations Manager are focused towards advancing the reach of OurCalling in a way that supports development efforts. This position may coordinate with our Volunteer Coordinator and seek to build more volunteer and development relationships with partner organizations.
- Responsible to orient, enlist and engage partners to support the mission of OurCalling including churches, corporations and other group/club partners (“Partner”)
- Design and deploy a “Partner Path” that will outline how we onboard and engage our local partners
- Is the point person for our relationships with key partners, knowing and serving them on a first-name basis
- Will stay abreast of, and represent OurCalling at all relevant Partner events
- Will create and engage opportunities for Partners to participate (from micro events to large custom events)
- Manage all relational communications between OurCalling and Partners
- Will build and maintain the Partner event calendar
- Will have oversight responsibility of OurCalling’s annual events (Gala, Golf Tournament, etc.)
- Will oversee and direct all collaborative efforts with Partners
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree preferred – preference given to educational backgrounds with a focus of community engagement and communications.
- Minimum of 2-years’ experience in any of the following: nonprofit partner engagement, event planning and management, community relations and engagement, volunteer management, donor relations, fund development, all forms of marketing and/or communications.
- Ministry experience to, and heart for, the unsheltered homeless, strongly preferred
Skills and Abilities:
- Strong written, verbal and communication delivery skills with the experience and ability to create communication strategies and carry out their execution to a myriad of audiences including community and church partners, volunteers, donors, and other constituents
- Experience building out and implementing partner engagement strategies preferred
- Experience building relationships on a first-name basis with community and partner organizations and prospects
- Excellent interpersonal skills demonstrating a high degree of professionalism, confidence, poise, and tact
- Ability and experience in creating impactful events, strongly preferred
- Comfortable working in a busy, and at times, fluid environment and schedule
- Demonstrate maturity in decisions and judgment; comfortable consulting with leadership and peers to find the best solutions, to do “the right thing”
- Must demonstrate a “team-player” and collaborative attitude; highly motivated for our ministry work and for caring for others; show up as an “owner” of the ministry and these responsibilities, and be a “self-starter” with a spirit of excellence; a track-record and desire for professional growth; flexible and comfortable with change, and willing to help serve in other various areas of the ministry as needed
- Upholding a close and growing relationship as a disciple of Jesus Christ
APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS: We request that you submit both a Cover Letter AND Resume that demonstrates your interest and qualifications for working in both a Ministry Position AND Partner Relations role. Your application will not be considered without both of these. You should also plan to spend a few days volunteering with the ministry as part of the assessment and qualification process.
This position is: Full-time and exempt