OurCalling is a discipleship ministry specifically focused on the homeless community and we operate an outreach center for the homeless community near downtown Dallas. We are passionate about loving and helping the unsheltered homeless transition to better lives. We are a faith-based, discipleship ministry where every job is a ministry position. Each staff member should be able to clearly share the Gospel and communicate their own testimony. While everyone on the team wears multiple hats, our primary function is evangelism and discipleship. We want everything that we do to point to Jesus. We expect and serve 200-400 guests daily, with 80% of those being unsheltered, chronically homeless individuals. We are a “no-barrier” facility that is welcoming and compassionate to all who enter.
Reporting to the Manager of Security Services the On-Call Security Guard (OCSG) is a part-time (approximately 8 to 40-hours per month) intermittent, W-2 position. OurCalling’s regular Security Force provides security coverage during OurCalling’s normal service hours Monday through Friday each week. This position, the OCSG, will provide augmented coverage on Saturdays, occasional evenings, and to fill in when regular Security Officers are unable to work. The OCSG will be a minimum Level II certified Guard as part of the Security team, and as such, is responsible for maintaining an environment conducive to safety. All Security Team members are considered the “first-responders” to any security-related issues including proactively protecting our guests, staff and volunteers from threatening behaviors. Responsibilities also include operating or utilizing within the ministry, all security protocols, procedures, and support systems including security technologies, in a manner that is consistent with the mission of our ministry. The OCSG will be given first consideration for promotion to Regular Security Guard employment (29- to 40-hours per week) as positions become available.
- Protect guests, staff, volunteers, and visitors on premises and during entry and exiting off of the property
- Patrolling and securing OurCalling premises
- Remaining vigilant of and investigating suspicious activity
- Deescalating difficult situations
- Conducting regular checks of the entire property
- Reporting maintenance issues or hazards
- Always representing the ministry as a disciple of Christ
- Work shifts that become available on an “as needed basis”
Skills and Experience:
- Candidate must be able to meet requirements and maintain a current Security Officer License in the State of Texas
- A minimum of 3-years’ experience as a Level II guard or similar law enforcement experience, required.
- Candidate must demonstrate maturity, humble confidence, be approachable, and be supportive of and highly motivated, by the OurCalling mission
- Sensitivity and awareness while working with homeless and vulnerable populations
- A clear track record demonstrating “personal initiative” in previous professional roles
- Strong communications skills, an effective listener
- A demonstrable record of exercising sound judgement while working in ambiguous, and fast-moving environments
- Ability to meet physical requirements of the job that entail protection of all individuals within the ministry’s boundaries
- Candidate will pass a background investigation to include criminal history, stable work history, and drug screen
- This position is classified as a shift employee position, will be required to work some Saturdays and evenings, to accommodate the ministry schedule, and will also fill in for security officers who are unable to work during regular operating hours
- Other Personal Characteristics: A spirit of excellence, a desire for professional growth, generosity, a self-starter who is actively pursuing people and a relationship with Jesus Christ.
Please submit resume and cover letter briefly explaining your interest and qualifications for this position which is also considered a ministry position to .