OurCalling is a discipleship ministry specifically focused on the homeless community and we operate an outreach center for the homeless near downtown Dallas. We are passionate about loving and helping the unsheltered homeless transition to better lives. We are a faith-based, discipleship ministry where every job is a ministry position. Each staff member should be able to clearly share the Gospel and communicate their own testimony. While everyone on the team wears multiple hats, our primary function is evangelism and discipleship. We want everything that we do to point to Jesus.
The Kitchen Manager role reports to the Director of Operations and is a full-time, exempt, leadership position. The Kitchen Manager is responsible for and oversees all operations of a commercial kitchen in meal planning, food acquisition, general food preparation and food service responsibilities.
To be successful in this role, the Kitchen Manager will have proven culinary and management experience while demonstrating outstanding leadership and organizational abilities.
- Order materials, supplies, and ingredients based on demand
- Supervise kitchen employees and volunteers who provide additional kitchen assistance
- Forecast, plan and organize meals on a bi-weekly basis
- Oversee the food preparation and cooking process
- Recruit, train and assign kitchen employees in designated roles
- Monitor inventory levels and perform weekly inventory assessments
- Work with the ministry staff to coordinate meal service timing and delivery
- Schedule work shifts for employees
- Store all food products in compliance with health and safety regulations
- Ensure the kitchen is clean and organized meeting all public health standards
- Maintain weekly and monthly budget
- Bachelor’s degree in Restaurant Management or certification from culinary school is preferred
- Demonstrable track record of success running a commercial kitchen and producing tasty meals in an institutional setting
- A minimum of 4-years’ experience in a similar role
- In-depth experience in kitchen health and safety regulations
- Outstanding communication and leadership skills
- Ability to work well in hot, stressful and fast-paced environment
- Able to plan, organize and deliver meals in timely manner
- Excellent problem-solving and conflict management abilities
- Exceptional guest (homeless) and volunteer interaction skills
- Able to work independently demonstrating initiative
- Strong time management skills and attention to detail
- Ability to lift up to 25 pounds and stand on feet for several hours at a time
- Upholding a close and growing relationship as a disciple of Jesus Christ
Please submit resume and cover letter briefly explaining your interest in the ministry and qualifications for this position to .