OurCalling is a discipleship ministry specifically focused on the homeless community and we operate an outreach center for the homeless community near downtown Dallas. We are passionate about loving and helping the unsheltered homeless transition to better lives. We are a faith-based, discipleship ministry where every job is a ministry position. Each staff member should be able to clearly share the Gospel and communicate their own testimony. While everyone on the team wears multiple hats, our primary function is evangelism and discipleship. We want everything that we do to point to Jesus. We expect and serve 200 400 guests daily, with 80% of those being unsheltered, chronically homeless individuals. We are a “no-barrier” facility that is welcoming and compassionate to all who enter.
We are seeking a Kitchen Assistant whose personal calling resonates with OurCalling! At OurCalling we are passionate about loving and helping the homeless transition to better lives. We are a faith-based, discipleship ministry where every job is a ministry position. While everyone on the team wears multiple hats, our primary function is evangelism and discipleship. We want everything that we do to point to Jesus.
The Kitchen Assistant role is part-time (approx. 25-hours per week) and reports to the Kitchen Manager. The Kitchen Assistant will assist in general food preparation and food service responsibilities.
General Skills and Responsibilities:
- Minimum of 2 years kitchen experience with food handler license preferred
- Previous experience working in a faith-based organization preferred
- Prepares and serves meals to homeless guests
- Cleans kitchen after meals
- Opens and closes kitchen service daily
- Assists in working with volunteers
- Ability to lift up to 25 pounds and stand on feet for several hours at a time
- Exceptional guest and volunteer interaction skills
- Maintain the highest standards of food safety and sanitation
- Able to work independently demonstrating initiative
- Strong time management skills and attention to detail
- Must have reliable transportation, be prompt, and be able to commit to the work schedule in advance.
OurCalling is located in Downtown Dallas. This is an ideal opportunity to serve homeless and the disadvantaged as a personal ministry within a faith-based community.
Please submit resume and cover letter briefly explaining your interest, compensation requirements and qualifications for this position to .