OurCalling is a discipleship ministry specifically focused on the homeless community and we operate an outreach center for the homeless near downtown Dallas. We are passionate about loving and helping the unsheltered homeless (our “Guests”) transition to better lives. We are a faith-based, discipleship ministry where every job is a ministry position. Each staff member should be able to clearly share the Gospel and communicate their own testimony. While everyone on the team wears multiple hats, our primary function is evangelism and discipleship. We want everything that we do to point to Jesus.
The Executive Assistant (EA) reports to the Executive Director (ED) and will assist in managing all administrative matters related to the office of the Executive Director. Responsibilities include and are not limited to, managing schedules, coordinating and preparing for ED meetings, researching and briefing the ED on matters related to meeting agendas, providing the ED with ministry and community related updates, as well as providing the ED general administrative support including developing reports, preparing communications and correspondence, managing calendars, monitoring and answering email, and assisting Board members as needed. OurCalling is a sophisticated technology supported enterprise and this position requires confidence and competence in adopting and using a wide range of technical tools; primarily Apple technologies. Other office and ministry duties may also include answering the phone, receiving and hosting guests, data entry, supporting leadership/staff, and supporting ministry, worship and other community related events.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or comparable work experience is preferred
- Minimum of 4 years executive, or office administration experience preferred
- Previous experience working in a faith-based organization preferred
- Demonstrable track record of success creating an administrative environment of excellence
- Excellent skills in planning, organizing and managing calendars, correspondence and other daily responsibilities for an executive leader
- Excellent problem-solving and conflict management abilities
- Comfortable using and learning various technologies including Apple systems, new applications, social media tools, spreadsheets – including developing formulas, and other technology requirements
- Able to create stellar presentations, graphics and reports
- Experience in, and having a heart for creating a great customer experience
- Experience in managing private and sensitive information
- Embraces and lives out OurCalling’s Statement of Faith
- A kind, humble, positive attitude
- Upholding a close and growing relationship as a disciple of Jesus Christ
Please submit resume and cover letter briefly explaining your interest and qualifications for this position to .