Chief Financial Officer (CFO)
OurCalling is a discipleship ministry specifically focused on the homeless community and we operate an outreach center for the homeless near downtown Dallas. We are passionate about loving and helping the unsheltered homeless transition to better lives. We are a faith-based, discipleship ministry where every job is a ministry position. Each staff member should be able to clearly share the Gospel and communicate their own testimony. While everyone on the team wears multiple hats, our primary function is evangelism and discipleship. We want everything that we do to point to Jesus.
Reporting to the Executive Director (ED) the Chief Financial Officer (CFO) position is a new position and is responsible for overseeing the financial, administrative, HR and IT operations of OurCalling. The financial responsibilities (90% of the role) includes financial policies and procedures, controls, expensing, budgeting, receiving and accounting for donations, accounts payable, payroll, legal functions, compliance, contracts, insurances, office space, audits, and information systems. The CFO will protect the legal and tax exempt status of OurCalling by ensuring compliance with all relative 501(c)(3) rules and regulations. The CFO has direct responsibility for the management of all day-to-day accounting and finance activities and in coordination with the ED, will initiate, plan, oversee and accomplish all accounting tasks and provide financial reports and advice to executive leadership, the Board of Directors (BOD), ministry, operational, and administrative managers.
Education and Experience:
- Undergraduate degree in accounting with CPA designation, strongly preferred
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience working in the accounting field, required
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience as an effective accounting & finance leader, i.e. CFO, Controller, VP, Director, etc.
- Experience leading the financial operations of a non-profit or ministry, required
Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to engage effectively as a leader, displaying servant leadership, working effectively with and motivating others
- Excellent organizational, prioritization, time management, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, Google, Apple and various accounting software systems
- Solid judgement and decision-making skills, and a problem solver
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Interpersonal skills to handle situations with confidentiality, poise, and tact
- A personal “calling” for our ministry, serving the homeless community of Dallas
- Upholding a close and growing relationship as a disciple of Jesus Christ
Please submit resume and cover letter briefly explaining your interest and qualifications for this
position to .