JOB TITLE: CARE MINISTER
Working at OurCalling:
Every job at OurCalling is a ministry position. Each staff member should be able to clearly share the Gospel, communicate their testimony, and engage in discipleship. The work can be extremely rewarding although often exhausting and heartbreaking. Everyone on the team wears multiple hats, loves the people we serve, and makes a difference in the lives of people. Our primary function is evangelism and discipleship and everything we do points to that primary conversation about Jesus.
This position serves as a combination role of case manager and chaplain. While helping serve basic needs for our homeless friends, this employee will build personal relationships with individuals experiencing homelessness. OurCalling exists to help individuals grow in a personal relationship with Jesus while assisting them with recovering from a life on the streets. Anyone who enters our facility (volunteer, partner agency, and an individual experiencing homelessness) is an opportunity for ministry. This individual will be on the front-line of this ministry, often serving in crisis intervention.
A bachelor’s degree or equivalent related experience is required. We are looking for someone with experience in social work, case management, and/or trauma informed care. We prefer leadership experience and someone who truly wants to minister to those they serve. Must be able to work in a busy environment, supervise people with grace, be able to lift boxes, climb a ladder, drive a van, and be able to use a Mac and an iPad.
- Utilize our operational service opportunities to build relationships
- Sharing the Gospel and pointing people to Jesus
- Perform case management to help individuals work on their discipleship needs while assisting them to navigate an exit strategy from the streets
- This role must be flexible to help with daily service needs, but should prioritize a focus on discipleship and relationship building.
- Spend focused personal time with people in order to deepen relationships by: sitting at tables, pastoral counseling, and connecting them to our partners.
- This individual must be organized, be able to maintain a schedule, and track case notes and relationship data electronically.
- Every staff member must be a team player, kind, a self-starter, flexible, and willing to help serve in various areas of the ministry.