Associate Development Manager
OurCalling is a discipleship ministry specifically focused on the homeless community and we operate an outreach center for the homeless community near downtown Dallas. We are passionate about loving and helping the unsheltered homeless transition to better lives. We are a faith-based, discipleship ministry where every job is a ministry position. Each staff member should be able to clearly share the Gospel and communicate their own testimony. While everyone on the team wears multiple hats, our primary function is evangelism and discipleship. We want everything that we do to point to Jesus.
Reporting to the Director of Development, the Associate Development Manager (ADM) supports a culture of philanthropy within OurCalling and provides support for all organizational fund development activities including managing the daily operations of the development function, development communications, and coordinating development activities with staff, donors, and business or other ministry relationships. The ADM is also responsible to actively build and manage individual relationships with donors including the stewardship and solicitation of individual donors, directly assisting the Director of Development with gift management, donor events, cultivation, solicitation, stewardship and marketing.
- Oversee all aspects of OurCalling’s donor database, including gift and prospect records, and maintaining donor files.
- Respond to all Development Department inbound calls, emails, and correspondence within a timely manner.
- Identify, research, qualify, and engage prospects for events and solicitation.
- Assist Director of Development to manage donor relationships between current, lapsed, monthly, and mid-level donors.
- Provide detailed analysis reports measuring fundraising activities moving toward closing gifts and stewarding long-term relationships.
- Research and identify new potential funding sources (foundation, corporate, individual).
- Assist Director of Development with donor outreach, scheduling meetings and follow-up.
- Manage grant writer and all aspects of Grant Development Process.
- Coordinate individual donor-related fundraising projects and mailings for annual giving, strategic campaigns, direct mail, social media and other correspondence.
- Assist with planning and execution of events including post-event activities such as attendee tracking, gift entry, reporting, logistics and other aspects.
- Ideal candidate will have a minimum of three years' experience in development and preferably with a ministry or faith-based nonprofit.
- BA/BS degree, in a related field or equivalent experience.
- Experience working with the homeless or related ministry is highly desired
- A background in successful grant management including proposal writing and working with institutional/corporate donors.
- Experience in successful event promotion and advancement.
- Experience in marketing communications, public relations and/or creative writing and storytelling is highly desired.
- A track record of “ownership” and demonstrating initiative in previous jobs.
- Ability to prioritize tasks, balance multiple projects, and to meet deadlines.
- Experience working with computer systems and donor database or management systems.
- Ability to be flexible and adaptable within a growing, fast-pace organization.
- Professional, friendly demeanor; ability to effectively communicate with donors, internal staff and the homeless guests we serve.
- Able to work autonomously with minimal or no supervision.
- Able to maintain a high level of professionalism and confidentiality.
- Upholding a close and growing relationship as a disciple of Jesus Christ.
Please submit resume and cover letter briefly explaining your interest and qualifications for this
position to .